Step by Step Repair Process
- Step 1 – Estimate: Cool Springs Collision will start with a thorough assessment of your vehicle’s damage in our estimate area. We then enter this data into our computerized estimation system, which will ensure the most accurate estimate possible. After receiving an estimate, we can order the auto parts and begin making the repairs as soon as possible. If your vehicle is not road-ready, we can help you secure a rental vehicle.
- Step 2 – Insurance Approval: After obtaining an estimate, we send it to your insurance company for review. We may undergo negotiation about the price, procedures and parts used for your auto repair. In some cases, your insurance company may classify the damage as a total loss. If your vehicle is repairable, we will begin the process immediately.
- Step 3 – Disassembling: Our team will carefully disassemble your automobile. Sometimes disassembling reveals hidden damage that will need to be added to our collision repair assessment. If this is the case, we may need to schedule an insurance re-inspection and order additional auto parts.
- Step 4 – Gather Parts: We always make sure to order the parts as soon as possible. Our full-time parts staff will ensure we have the right parts for your vehicle as soon as possible. Once we receive all of the structural and mechanical parts, we can begin the repair process.
- Step 5 –Structure Repair: Your vehicle is taken to the structure repair area where the uni-body will be returned to factory specifications. Our computerized measurement system will analyze the frame of your automobile to ensure an accurate auto repair.
- Step 6 – Body Repair: After structural repair is complete, we move your vehicle into the auto body repair phase. This part of the process includes replacement of the exterior panels and metal finishing. Sheet metal is installed, aligned, and your car will begin to resemble its pre-accident form.
- Step 7 – Paint: Once auto body repair is complete, we will prepare your vehicle for auto painting. Thorough preparation is the key to a flawless paint application and good adhesion. Next, the paint is mixed in our state of the art computerized mixing machine, which ensures the color will be exact. The color and clear coat are then applied using out down-draft paint booth. Our auto paint booths allow the paint to be applied in a dust-free environment, and then baked dry at the optimal temperature.
- Step 8 – Reassembly: We’re getting close! After the paint has fully dried, we reassemble your vehicle with all of the final moldings and detail pieces. We also take this time to check all of your vehicle’s systems.
- Step 9 – Detailing: Before we release your car back into your eager hands, we complete a full detailing. Our experienced and highly-trained detailer will clean and prepare your vehicle. As a final precaution, we complete a road-test and full inspection to ensure our auto repair work meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Step 10 – Delivery: Now we’ve reached the end! After we make sure your vehicle is 100% ready, we will call you and schedule a delivery time. Our covered and fully-lit delivery area allows you to inspect your vehicle. After completing the final paperwork and taking your rental car return, you can drive off in your fully repaired and freshly cleaned automobile.
Cool Springs Collision is the dealer recommended destination for collision repair in Franklin and the premier auto body shop for the greater Nashville community – including Madison, Brentwood, Cookeville and surrounding Tennessee areas. Cool Springs Collision Center proudly serves all makes and models in the Franklin surrounding areas of TN. Our expert technicians are collision certified for Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM and Infiniti.